A delicious, soft, and sweet dinner roll that will make the perfect addition to any feast! (credit to Bobby Flay; I couldn’t in good conscience give away the family recipe.)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 cups flour
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove milk from heat, add sugar and butter.
- In a separate container like a wide glass or bowl, add warm water. Then add yeast and let bloom until it produces foam.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk mixture, yeast mixture, eggs, salt and half of the flour.
- Mix until smooth dough forms.
- Add remaining flour a bit at a time until fully incorporated.
- Spray inside a separate bowl with cooking spray and transfer dough into the bowl. Cover and let rise for about an hour, until doubled in size.
- On a clean, lightly floured surface, knead dough and then form small balls. Place on a lined baking sheet and let rise until doubled again.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter.